Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"Weeds in the field"

Matthew 13:24-29 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. 27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ 28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. “The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ 29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

This passage of scripture digs so deep.. "Sir didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?" Where did these weeds come from? Imagine planting a beautiful flower, clearing the ground around it, laying down the finest soil and watering it daily like clockwork. Then like a thief in the night someone comes in and sprinkles dandelions all around your beautiful flower that you worked sooo hard to plant and nurture. You come back to the spot you planted your beautiful flower and find these weeds... these weeds suffocating your flower. if that ain't deep!!!

I real life I have felt the turmoil of my light being dimmed by the weeds surrounding it, and in my turmoil I turned to God to ask why? Why are you having me go through this? I took all that time to nurture that flower, I spent countless hours watering it and giving it the best soils and yet still you allowed these weeds to form around my flower!! God what am I missing? You said in your word to turn the other cheek, so I dry my eyes uproot my flower and plant it in a new spot and repeat the steps to make it gorgeous again.. Yet I get up to find it full of weeds again! God what is this!?

He then brings me back to this...

Matthew 13:13-15 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.

Just because you planted the flower and watered the soil doesn't mean you are finished! The weeds are there, but you are unlike the weeds. Have you heard from God? Did he tell you how he wanted the flower sewn? Or did you go off of your own knowledge? We have ears but have not heard! In order to be separated from the weeds you have to open you heart to hear his commandments! This whole time you think you have been doing right.. lets compare it to real life. You are in church faithfully every Sunday you whisper a prayer over your food, You call on him when your in trouble, You don't cuss as much or party as often... So why are you missing the blessings you THINK you deserve?! It is because we have not heard. God said if you take 1 step He will take 2... In order to walk you must crawl and in order to crawl you must be born again.

We get so caught up in everyday life, and solving our own problems we don't take the time out to listen to what plan God has set for us to follow. For so long I have tried to figure my own life out when it isn't mine to figure out. For the longest time God has been telling me that I needed to let go of some things, in order to receive the blessings that are rightfully mine. You see I hear(d) him, but because of my own foolishness I have not listened. WOW! I have heard but I did not listen! Are you listening today?

I pray that this pricks you heart to hear, to not only hear but to listen to what God says! Lets open our hearts to listen, time is winding down.

God Bless

2 comments: